Introduction to Mediterranean Archaeology
There are many ways to participate in a seminar discussion. Reflect on your own approach, and challenge yourself to try a new one. Some possibilities are listed below:
- Show up for class prepared (i.e. having done the required reading).
- Offer your opinion of the readings.
- Respond to someone else’s opinion – either agreeing/supporting, elaborating,
asking for clarification, or expressing a different point of view.
- Ask a question – either a discussion question or merely something from the readings
that confused/perplexed/fascinated you.
- Guide/get the discussion back on track.
- Play devil’s advocate.
- Be an active listener at all times.